21. Ray, I., N. Billava, Z. Burt, J. Colford Jr., A. Ercumen, K.P. Jayaramu, E. Kumpel, N. Nayak, K. Nelson, C. Woefle-Erskine (2018). From intermittent to continuous water supply: A multi-dimensional evaluation of water system reforms from Hubli-Dharwad, Karnataka. Economic and Political Weekly, 53 (49).
20. Marks, S., E. Kumpel, J. Guo, J. Bartram, and J. Davis (2018). Pathways to sustainability: A fuzzy-set qualitative comparative analysis of rural water supply programs. Journal of Cleaner Production, 205, 789- 798.
19. Kaminsky, J., and E. Kumpel (2018). Dry Pipes: Associations between Utility Performance and Intermittent Piped Water Supply in Low and Middle Income Countries. Water, 10(8), 1032.
18. Kumpel, E. and Delaire C., R. Peletz, J. Kisiangani, A. Rinehold, J. DeFrance, D. Sutherland, R. Khush (2018). Measuring the Impacts of Water Safety Plans in the Asia-Pacific Region. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15(6), 1223.
17. Peletz, R., J. Kisiangani, M. Bonham, P. Ronoh, C. Delaire, E. Kumpel, S. Marks, R. Khush (2018). Why Do Water Quality Monitoring Programs Succeed or Fail? A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of Regulated Testing in sub-Saharan Africa. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health, 221(6): 907-920.
16. Taylor,a D.J., R. Peletz, R. Khush, E. Kumpel (2018). Efficacy of Microbial Sampling Recommendations and Practices in sub-Saharan Africa. Water Research, 134, pp 115-124.
15. Murray, A., E. Kumpel, R. Peletz, R.S. Khush, D.S. Lantagne (2017). The effect of sodium thiosulfate dechlorination on fecal indicator bacteria enumeration: Laboratory and field data. Journal of Water and Health, 7(4). DOI: 10.2166/washdev.2017.071
14. Bivins, A., T. Sumner, E. Kumpel, G. Howard, O. Cumming, I. Ross, K. Nelson, J. Brown (2017). Estimating infection risks and the global burden of diarrheal disease attributable to intermittent water supply using QMRA. Environmental Science and Technology, 51(13), pp 7542–7551.
13. Delaire, C., R. Peletz, E. Kumpel, J. Kisiangani, R. Bain, R. Khush (2017). How much will it cost to monitor microbial drinking water quality in sub-Saharan Africa? Environmental Science and Technology, 51 (11), pp Updated: 10/2019 5869–5878.
12. Kumpel, E., C. Woelfe-Erskine, I. Ray, and K. Nelson (2017). Measuring household consumption and waste in unmetered, intermittent piped water systems. Water Resources Research, 53. doi:10.1002/2016WR019702.
11. Misati,a A., G. Ogendi, R. Peletz, R. Khush, and E. Kumpel (2017). Can Sanitary Surveys Replace Water Quality Testing? Evidence from Kisii, Kenya. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14(2). doi:10.3390/ijerph14020152
10. Kumpel, E., A. Cock-Esteb, M. Duret, D. de Waal, and R. Khush (2017). Seasonal variation in drinking and domestic water sources and quality in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 96(2): 437-445. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.16-0175
9. Mellor, J., E. Kumpel, A. Ercumen, and J. Zimmerman (2016). A Systems Approach to Climate, Water and Diarrhea in Hubli-Dharwad, India. Environmental Science & Technology, 50 (23).
8. Kumpel, E., R. Peletz, M. Bonham, and R. Khush (2016). Assessing drinking water quality and water safety management in sub-Saharan Africa using regulated monitoring data. Environmental Science & Technology, 50(20):10869-10876. doi:10.1021/acs.est.6b02707.
7. Kumpel, E., R. Peletz, J. Albert, D. de Waal, M. Hirn, A. Danilenko, V. Uhl, A. Daw, and R. Khush (2016). Urban water services in fragile states: An analysis of drinking water sources and quality in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Monrovia, Liberia. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 15 (0766).
6. Peletz, R., E. Kumpel, M. Bonham, Z. Rahman, and R. Khush (2016). To what extent is drinking water tested in sub-Saharan Africa? A comparative analysis of regulated water quality monitoring. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 13 (3).
5. Kumpel, E. and K. Nelson (2016). Intermittent Water Supply: Prevalence, Practice, and Microbial Water Quality. Environmental Science & Technology, 50 (2).
4. Ercumen, A., B. F. Arnold, E. Kumpel, Z. Burt, I. Ray, K. Nelson, and J. M. Colford Jr. (2015). Upgrading a Piped Water Supply from Intermittent to Continuous Delivery and Association with Waterborne Illness: A Matched Cohort Study in Urban India. PLoS Medicine, 12(10).
3. Kumpel, E., R. Peletz, M. Bonham, A. Fay, A. Cock-Esteb, and R. Khush (2015). When are mobile phones useful for water quality data collection? An analysis of data flows and ICT applications among regulated monitoring institutions in sub-Saharan Africa. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12 (9), 10846–10860.
2. Kumpel, E. and K. Nelson (2014). Mechanisms affecting water quality in an intermittent piped water supply. Environmental Science & Technology, 48(5), 2766–2775.
1. Kumpel, E. and K. Nelson (2013). Comparing Microbial Water Quality in an Intermittent and Continuous Piped Water Supply. Water Research, 47(14), 5176–5188.